Bear in a Cage

 


They will let me out.

Disengage the Lock
Only to practise or perform
Carnival Folly.
Dancing, boxing, gymnastics
Or some combination.
Burns me all to HELL.

When the confinement is relieved
Think I can smell Wyming.
Mountain air
Pine or hemlock.
Scent of the heat
Of some enticing fresh
Gal giving me the eye 
Presenting for a fluid coupling.

Cougars keep their distance
Wolves
Bison? Elk.
The white menace with rifles.
Some of each have felt
The power of my arms
The glare in my eyes
The menace of my lordly roarings.

But the present fiasco.
Giggles and gawking.
Such disgrace and dismantling.
A little girl
With pink candy floss
Pointing at me.
ME. HERE. NOW.


(Inspired by a nature story written by Ernest Thompson Seton. Read as a family. Together and fascinated. The power of books.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog